Spring trend: Chunky trainers
Posted on March 29 2019
The women's footwear trend for 2018, the chunky soled trainer, shows no signs of going anywhere as we emerge into spring. This season the 'ugly trainer' look (or 'Dad Sneaker' as it's known in the US) has had a beautiful make-over, in pale blush pinks from Ash and on-trend animal print from Serafini.
Forget visions of 'Spice Girls in Buffalo trainers circa 1990s' and think luxury materials and minimal design - set atop cushioned, sculptural soles. We saw them on the runway at Balenciaga, Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Ganni and on the feet of Hollywood millenials - Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and Hailey Baldwin.
5 WAYS TO STYLE YOUR CHUNKY TRAINERS:
- Team with Mom Jeans, a 90s tee and leather jacket for easy weekend styling.
- Balance out a pretty floral maxi dress with a pale pastel pair of chunky trainers - the Ash Addicts in white leather and pink mesh are perfect.
- A colour-block satin slip skirt and a chunky knit are perfect partners for spring; add a splash of animal print with Serafini's Oregon sneakers.
- Go full 'Working Girl' and team with this season's oversized blazers and wide-leg trousers for a fashion take on workwear.
- Come summer, team with denim cut-offs - the chunky look makes legs look longer and leaner - bonus!
Super comfortable, cushioning and on-trend - what's not to love!?
SHOP THE CHUNKY TRAINER LOOK: